Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30 second blurb about 3 months

Sarah and I leave today. After embarking on nonstop adventure for three months, getting on a plane seems like a normal next step. Diving back into American culture does not, but it does spark excitement in me. Matt asked today how our trip was. We love Matt for the depth of these questions. Kidding, but in all seriousness, being asked "How the trip was" is more than a difficult question. Giving one sentence or five minutes to describe three months is not adequate and does not give justice to what we have experienced. The trip was exciting, difficult, powerful, eye-opening, uncomfortable, fun and adventure packed. I experienced an incredible community, a fulfilling taste of the Lord that left me hungry for more, and a foreign country that I have grown to love. Matt also asked if the trip was what we thought it would be. I told him not at all. When I pictured this trip I saw it in a light that is similar to the way that I watch movies. Everything was comfortable and within control, with the bathroom down the hall and pizza just one call away. Any duration in Thailand longer than a layover will not be like the pleasant-vill I just described. However, it will be moving. It moved me known Jesus in a deeper way. It moved me to value people in a higher fashion. It moved me to know myself. It moved me to look beyond circumstance and trust the God that I have dedicated my life to. I have sighed deeply in Thailand from pure joy and from extreme frustration. I will treasure those very sighs for the rest of my life, along with the memories and friendships that have been made here. I have been deeply changed and touched by my time here. What an incredible experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Set 1

Set 2